Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable.
We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Our Groceries team manages Deliveroo's Deliveroo Hop dark stores, 3rd party grocery delivery, and non-food retail businesses in the UAE, from managing relationships and performance with main partners and establishing new partnerships. We use data-driven analytics and industry knowledge to provide best-in-class support and strategic value to our Grocery partners, supporting them in driving their growth agendas and continuously improving their offering to consumers.
You will be focused on strategy, however you will work cross-functionally with teams including Operations, Marketing, Account Management, Sales and Product to ensure success.
You will report to the Director of Grocery and Non Food.
The role is based in our Dubai Main Offices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Market Strategy and Customer Value Proposition:
- Develop and set the market strategy for Deliveroo's Groceries/Retail offering in the UAE
- Identify and analyze target consumer segments, understanding their needs, purchasing habits, and preferences.
- Define and track main components of consumer value for our groceries business, ensuring alignment with our goals.
- Performance Management and Performance Culture:
- Originate, implement, and track main strategic initiatives to grow the business towards its goals.
- Collaborate with finance and strategy teams (both locally and centrally) to build accurate financial projections, analyze the profitability impact of initiatives, and contribute to budgeting processes.
- Support a performance-driven culture within the team, emphasizing accountability, continuous improvement, and to achieving objectives.
- Coordinate Cross-Functional Initiatives:
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Operations, and Product, to co-ordinate and drive new initiatives that contribute to business growth.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between teams to ensure seamless execution of projects and initiatives.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Influence and engage with senior stakeholders, keeping them informed and aligned with the strategic journey of the Groceries business.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across various departments to ensure a unified approach towards achieving organizational objectives.
- 5-7 years experience in a relevant industry (ideally consulting or strategy/growth roles in startups (delivery, quick commerce, or retail preferred) or retail)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel (can perform complex functions) /Google Sheets
- Partner Focused - be obsessed with our grocery partners. Use quantitative and qualitative data to build a service that is best for our customers.
- You are experienced in developing internal stakeholder relationships
- You have ideas and strategies to grow our joint business with our partners, with a willingness to trial at pace.
- You are agile and highly adaptable to fast-paced work environment
- Executional Excellence - you've achieved clear customer, commercial and financial results
- Tactical & Strategic - able to 'think big' as well as execute 'on-the-fly' via understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of decisions.
- Resourceful - constantly look for creative ways to make the most of the resources we have. Throw brainpower and teamwork at problems, not money and extra heads. Think like an entrepreneur
- Knowledge of the Convenience / Grocery / Non-Food industry
Benefits and Diversity
- Annual Holiday Leave
- Annual flight allowance
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End of year parties & regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritize their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health insurance, family, finance coverage, community, convenience, growth opportunities, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Annual flight allowance
- Gym or fitness membership
- Social and sporting events
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription
- Free monthly lunches and breakfasts in the office