Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, as they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and, we are always looking for new ideas.
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the business services powering Deliveroo's teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We promote service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
Deliveroo Service Management & Controlsaspires to create a collaborative working partnership between Enterprise Technology, enabling functions, our supplier base and our user base. The success of this partnership is reviewed against several different metrics across SLAs, KPIs and perception.
Enterprise Technology is at the beginning of an extremely exciting journey in Deliveroo, with that comes a lot of challenges including selecting a global strategic supplier base to enable long-term success across our services. As a Technical Supplier Manager at Deliveroo reporting to our Head of Service Management & Controls you will embed and maintain a structured approach to performance managing our technical suppliers.
This role is important for ensuring technical supplier performance by creating standards, collaborating on supplier management tooling, providing consultancy and leading the way to technical supplier management across Deliveroo Enterprise Technology according to central procurement team and policies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support strategic planning of the Enterprise Technology function with a focus on what suppliers we require globally to set us up for success
- Be the operational lead in partnership with our central procurement function to carry out a structured selection process for strategic technical suppliers globally
- Support the Procurement led Global RFP process by understanding and articulating the Enterprise Technology vision & requirements. Create supplier evaluation criteria and engage required teams.
- Work in partnership with the Deliveroo central procurement and the wider ET team to manage suppliers and escalate.
- Define ownership of the technical supplier performance management framework across Enterprise Technology according to central procurement policies
- Review our approach to tiering our transactional and strategic suppliers, this tiering should determine the level of effort we invest in to nurturing partnerships
- Provide the Enterprise Technology team with the resources they need to performance manage suppliers effectively
- Provide advice and support on technical supplier performance management to our teams in alignment with central procurement policies where applicable
- Lead proactive supplier performance health checks and ensure ownership of improvement opportunities
- Provide actionable metrics on supplier performance to the ET Team.
- Specialist in technical supplier performance management
- Experience in contributing to a supplier selection and evaluation process
- Experience in managing a global technical supplier base
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- With all levels of staff from junior to senior management
- Effective internal and external partner management skills
- Broad understanding of business technologies and business considerations
We're also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, SDLC, and SRE ways of working
- ITIL 4 or v3 Certified
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that you may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
This role is based in hybrid in our London HQ.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods