ServiceNow Engineer - Enterprise Technology
About the Role
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the internal tech services powering Deliveroo's internal teams globally, as we transform the way people shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to their doors by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate.
We launched ServiceNow in 2022 and have scaled the platform rapidly, building a completely new internal team. As a ServiceNow Engineer at Deliveroo you will be responsible, with others in the ServiceNow team, for the successful implementation, ongoing management and improvement of the ServiceNow platform. The main objective of the ServiceNow team is to enable teams across Deliveroo to digitise, improve and automate their processes to make work work better for everyone at Deliveroo.
You will partner closely with IT Service Management, Operations, Security, People and many other team members, providing ServiceNow best practice guidance and input into the development of the new processes, dashboards, reporting, and workflows. You'll work as part of a global ServiceNow team with colleagues in the UK, reporting into the ServiceNow Product Manager, based out of our Hyderabad office. This is a hybrid role with expectations to come into office three times a week.
What You'll Do
- Work with a range of ServiceNow products to bring the latest features and innovation to Deliveroo
- Engage with the ServiceNow Product lead and business analysts to translate requirements into technical solutions and features
- Engage with multiple partners across Enterprise Technology, Security, the People team and beyond to complete product demonstrations as part of the agile delivery of new product features
- Lead on the implementation of medium to complex solutions to meet business requirements
- Manage the availability, experience, upgradeability and security of the ServiceNow platform for Deliveroo
- Complete platform upgrades, patching and cloning according to the internal schedule
- Be seen as an internal expert on ServiceNow to consult with stakeholders on feature development and how we can use ServiceNow to deliver value for Deliveroo
- Responsible for technical documentation and work instructions for day-to-day operations of new implementations, or their customizations and configurations
- Estimate effort for all customisations, integrations, configurations and development work
- Ensure system architecture supports business scalability and strategies and meets audit, compliance and security requirements
- Develop integrations with other applications to support core data load and process automation
- Lead in the implementing, configuration and maintenance of interfaces and integrations for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data
- Create and configuring of reports, dashboards, schedules, access, permissions, credentials and other operational activities or outputs associated with discovery functions
- Provide technical feedback that is constructive and actionable
- Participate in on-call for production issues that may occur outside of standard working hours
- ServiceNow Certifications for System Administrator and preferably Certified Implementation Specialist for at least one of ITSM, ServiceNow Application Developer, SecOps, IT Asset Management, Strategic Portfolio Management or HRSD
- 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL and ITOM processes and solutions, with a good process/functional and technical understanding of the CMDB and CSDM model
- Experience in a product-based company
- Excellent spoken and written Business English
We're also interested in…
- Familiar with Agile, DevOps, SDLC, ITIL, and SRE ways of working
- Active members of the ServiceNow community
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more