At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. To do that, we're building a company that is secure and protects the data and money of our customers, employees and investors.
As a Security Project Manager, you will work with the fast-growing Security function to deliver multiple cyber security projects as part of Deliveroo's Security strategy, while also supporting projects from other parts of the business where Security input is required. This will involve collaborating with multiple Engineering teams and partners across the company including Technology, Legal, and Compliance to improve the security maturity of Deliveroo.
Reporting to the Head of Security Programme management, you'll ensure that security projects meet their objectives via both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. This includes facilitating several project governance meetings to track progress and manage risks that arise.
What you'll be doing
- Manage project kickoffs to define scope, resource requirements, project plans including important milestones and all project communications to ensure the successful adoption of the security initiative.
- Coordinate the entire lifecycle of the security project including creating rollout plans, establishing go-live criteria, defining the owners of each stage, risk and issue tracking and communicating progress to the wider business.
- Anticipate potential issues, explore contingencies, and provide escalation management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support creation of Business cases and facilitate Finance, procurement and legal approval where required.
- Contribute to Security Sprint planning and coordinate resource prioritisation when supporting project requests from other parts of the business.
Skills and Requirements
- Prior experience and passion for working in cyber security as a Project Manager or similar experience.
- High-level knowledge of the security technologies and capabilities used in an enterprise, in a high growth, cloud-based environment.
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban) in addition to Waterfall.
- Good to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse geographically distributed teams.
- 5+ years experience of project management and delivering several security initiatives.
- Resolve issues to keep projects on track.
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with software development and tooling, in particular Atlassian / Jira.
- Experience in a scrum master role or similar.
- Experience with security audits and compliance and risk management.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more