AV Specialist - Meetings & Events
About the Role
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology (ET) team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo's internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards excellence.
As a AV & Event Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for all of our daily audio visual needs at Deliveroo, spanning meeting rooms, events and other audio visual communication systems. If you have a passion for implementing solutions that facilitate productive and collaborative meetings and events, this role is right for you.
You will report into the Global AV & Events Manager. This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days a week in our London office in Cannon Street.
What You'll Do:
- Event support - lead technician for BAU events and Assistant Technician on Senior/VIP events
- Interface at a client-facing level up to and including executives
- Perform daily meeting room checks in standard and executive AV spaces
- Ticket platform ownership from creation to resolution
- Slack Monitoring, Stream Monitoring and other auxiliary AV support
- Proactive maintenance of audio visual systems
- Design and implement written process documentation within Deliveroo's specifications
- Engage with vendor partners to perform returns and troubleshoot technical issues
- Update digital signage tools regularly
What You'll Support:
- Google Meet Hardware
- Sennheiser audio systems
- Digital Signage
- NEC Video walls
- BlackMagic (or other) Switchers & Cameras
- QSYS QSC Cores
- Varied AV infrastructure
- 2+ years' experience as an AV Specialist / Technician
- Experience working in / on control rooms, live streaming, scheduling content, shooting pre-recorded content, editing and uploading content,
- Have a solid understanding and operational experience of vision mixers, audio mixers, remote cameras, lighting, floor management and video wall processors
- Ability to set up, test, calibrate, evaluate and commission equipment and devices as required for a fully functional AV system
- Troubleshooting experience
- DANTE L1 / L2 Certification
- Experience working with vision mixers (BlackMagic, Ross, Roland, etc) and audio mixers (Yamaha, Allen & Heath, Soundcraft, etc)
- Basic understanding of RTMP streaming
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods