Assistant Site Manager
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
As an Assistant Site Manager you are responsible for assisting the site manager maintaining and the smooth running of your own Deliveroo Editions site made up of five to ten delivery only kitchens. Working within a wider team you will be responsible for improving the kitchen efficiencies with an aim to deliver food quicker and more reliably.
- Monitor and dispatch customer orders in line with Deliveroo operational guidelines
- Liaise with our rider ops team to ensure daily adequate supply, and report to them any rider related issues
- Ensure site is maintained in optimal condition in line with Deliveroo guidelines
- Daily reporting to Site Operations Manager on site performance, issues, bottlenecks and any other operational matters.
- Identify causes of daily operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnose and cure
- If something goes wrong, you will have the problem-solving skills to solve it calmly, quickly and efficiently
- Work with many different stakeholders in the business to improve processes
- Ensure restaurant partners are adhering to the site standards and requirements (hygiene, security, check-in/out, stock checks and rotation)
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Experience with processing large volumes of information and problems at the same time
- Experience within a restaurant, operational or customer service environment
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Very analytical with great executional skills
- Process driven, great with figures and an analytical mindset.
- Not afraid to muck in and get your hands dirty
- Experience working for a start-up business
- Experience supervising a small team
- Experience in restaurant operations from an FMCG background or delivery company, perhaps even from the events world
- Strong ability with Microsoft Excel
- Become one of the early employees of one of Europe’s fastest growing startups, and participate in changing the restaurant industry within a ground-breaking project team
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 20 days of annual leave and public holidays (increases with tenure)
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Classpass fitness membership
- Caring for our local community and our environment by partnering with local social enterprises TreeDot and Samaritans of Singapore
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Never go thirsty – coffee machine and stocked fridges
- Daily breakfast, healthy snacks and fruits