This is an exciting opportunity to join the tax team of a dynamic, fast-growing, technology business supporting the expansion of its operation and activities. This is a brand new role and will play a critical role in advising the business on indirect tax.
The Indirect Tax Manager will support the Indirect Tax Team on its business advisory. This position will report into the Director of Indirect Tax and be based in our London Headquarters on a hybrid working basis.
What you'll be doing
- Support and help manage Indirect Tax advisory - proactive business engagement to identify and manage indirect tax opportunities and risks, including evaluating and communicating changes in relevant indirect tax law.
- Work with the wider Indirect Tax team on ad-hoc advisory projects
- Driving delivery of an optimal indirect tax operating model.
- Supporting and managing tax audits and controversy
- Supporting our Tax Controls and Governance framework
- Respond to questions from the business and other areas of Finance on a real-time basis.
- Some oversight and review of indirect compliance where necessary (<15%)
Required key competencies
- A real interest in the tax issues and changing landscape of indirect taxation for tech platform companies.
- Adept in liaising with advisers in countries across the world
- Ability to explain technical terms to non tax specialists.
- Strong with collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience of VAT/GST advisory in EMEA (and APAC) jurisdictions.
- CTA or similar tax credentials.
- Prior inhouse experience is advantageous but not critical.
- Previous exposure to NetSuite is advantageous.
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods