About the team
In Deliveroo Legal, we pride ourselves on doing things a little differently. We’re enablers, business partners, opportunity creators. We’re a team that makes things happen. And we want you to be part of it.
We’re on the hunt for a Commercial Counsel to join our HQ Commercial legal team for a fixed term of 12 months, reporting to our Head of Corporate & Commercial. You will be based at our Cannon Street HQ on a hybrid working basis with 3 days per week in the office.
In Deliveroo Corporate & Commercial, in partnership with our in-country legal teams, we advise on matters that keep the lights on across our markets. Whether it’s negotiating a deal to launch a new partner on the platform, launching groceries on Deliveroo or rolling out our latest tech product, we work closely with our business counterparts.
What you'll be doing
- Actively manage complex commercial matters to drive them to completion at pace, identify creative solutions to legal problems and future proof our contracts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally - with both other functions in Deliveroo Legal (Privacy, Property, Corporate, Employment) and across our business.
- Partnering with our Commercial teams to unlock new partnerships and business opportunities. One day you’re negotiating with a global QSR, the next you’re working closely with our operations team to figure out how to scale our legal processes to work for your favourite local gem.
- Supporting functions across Deliveroo including Tech, Marketing, People, Finance and Supply Chain to get the services and goods they need to run our business.
- Be a qualified solicitor with 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Be passionate about tech and innovation.
- Have an excellent academic record and experience providing commercial, strategic advice to international businesses. In-house experience is a big plus.
- Have experience drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts.
- Have experience across at least some of our core areas of responsibility
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods