When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You'll help to keep our network of 75,000 riders informed and engaged through digital content.
Reporting into the Rider Comms & Partnerships Manager, you will play a key role in supporting the UK and Ireland rider communication channels and content strategy. You'll turn the rider content calendar into reality, and ensure that we're prioritising messages correctly and that we're sending at the right time and through the right channel for the message.
In some cases you'll be drafting this from scratch, using the right tone of voice and messaging - other times you'll be working closely with other teams to contribute ideas, approaches and to ensure quality.
Specific priorities in the role:
- Using CRM channels you will be sending rider comms (website, email, social) - ensuring messages are segmented appropriately
- Draft comms supporting rider campaigns including partnerships, competitions and other initiatives supporting our rider proposition
- Work with Product and Operations to send comms to the designated rider audience to communicate key messages riders need to be aware of
- Proof and review all outgoing rider comms to ensure accuracy, tone, and compliance
- Support managing the rider website, ensuring information is up to date and accurate
- Champion comms best practice with stakeholders around the business
- Talk to riders, getting their feedback and finding opportunities to improve the rider experience
- Willing to travel for rider events and meetings across the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Understanding and some experience of a CRM platform (ideally Braze) and CMS (ideally Prismic)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, as well as style and tone of voice
- Exceptional attention to detail and a keen eye for proofreading and editing
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise competing tasks
- Understanding and experience of email marketing (including segmentation and A/B testing)
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of social media marketing
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods