At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. To do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong the best work of their lives.
As a Financial Accountant within our global reporting team, based in our London HQ, you will report on our Editions business. This will include monthly reporting, working with the auditors and ensuring that statutory requirements are met. You will report into our Senior Finance Manager, Europe.
What you'll do
- Report on each month end, post journals and work with our Finance & Strategy team on the finalisation of the management accounts.
- Perform monthly variance analysis of the P&L.
- Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliations, resolving variances and identifying issues.
- Work with other teams within the business to ensure you understand all postings going through our books.
- Work with the auditors to fulfil their requests and answer their queries.
- Keep on top of local statutory requirements to ensure we are compliant.
- Partner with the wider reporting team on processes performed at a group level, and oversee specific processes.
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CA)
- Technical accounting knowledge
- A desire to take responsibility and 'own' your work
- You are motivated to make improvements
- A desire to work
- and an awareness of the importance of deadlines
- Advantageous, but not required: Some experience of a startup environment
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods