The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.Central London is where we launched the company 10 years ago - this is Deliveroo heartland. The region loosely spans from Ealing in the west to Canary Wharf in the east, and from Brixton in the south to Hampstead in the north. Within this region there is a thriving and diverse restaurant scene with some of the most exciting brands that we work with globally.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team in central London. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing tech company. You’ll be liaising with London’s most highly regarded restaurants, to cultivate existing relationships and help them increase their online sales. This is an excellent role for a commercial and outgoing individual who enjoys building and maintaining relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintaining and growing relationships between Deliveroo and our top London restaurant partners through strong communication both face-to-face and remotely
- Driving restaurant performance through data analysis and industry knowledge to maximise order volume and growth potential through Deliveroo
- Negotiating contracts and terms of partnership
- Liaising with our restaurant and rider operations teams to improve operational efficiencies
- Working with marketing teams to accelerate restaurant order growth
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to increase Deliveroo growth and efficiencies
- Being a local expert for London. This means knowing the restaurant industry inside and out, and being the face of Deliveroo to the restaurant industry
- 2+ years experience in account/relationship management (or similar)
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills whether face to face, through phone or email
- Strong commercial acumen and comfortable understanding and using data
- Results orientated, with a track record of achieving targets and successful negotiations
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company is preferable
- Self-starter, hard worker and well organised
- Ability to work autonomously whilst out meeting restaurant partners in central London
- Given our diversity of cuisines and desire to bring the best service to our partners, we value additional language abilities and would love to hear about any knowledge of Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Swahili, Mandarin, Cantonese, Urdu, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese or Bahasa/Malay.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods