When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges, and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
The Business Development team is the backbone of Deliveroo, tasked with signing up the best restaurants in the UAE to work with us. As a BDM you’ll be responsible for signing up and helping to onboard the city’s best restaurants and chains. You will be joining one of the fastest-growing scale-ups in the world, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters who are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
- Driving the strategy, creation, and execution of sales initiatives across your cities to enhance performance
- Manage resources and prioritise workloads within the Department to ensure the achievement of sales targets and KPIs
- Scoping different city zones to identify brands and chains with the best fit for the delivery model, and initiate contact through referral, email, call, or walk-in
- Building relationships with top brands and chains to prepare onboarding on Deliveroo platform
- Acquisition of new restaurants with strong negotiation acumen and out-of-the-box thinking
- Putting together proposals that fit the needs of the restaurants while keeping Deliveroo's profitability top of mind
- Ensuring a smooth and complete integration process when bringing a partner on board, from the registration phase to the operational launch
- Reporting to the Head of Sales with city performance stats and working across departments to share updates
- BSc/BA in business or a related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of sales & negotiation experience preferably within a high-growth company
- Proven negotiation skills
- Self-starter capable of driving yourself to your targets every month
- A fantastic communicator with a "get it done" mindset, well organized and efficient
- English proficiency - Arabic or Hindi is a plus
Benefits and Diversity
- 25 days of Annual Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- End-of-year parties and regular social events
- An extremely fun team to work with!
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing scaleups around.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Annual flight allowance
- Gym or fitness membership
- Social and sporting events
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription
- Free monthly lunches and breakfasts in the office