About the team
We're looking for a Client Partner Lead to join our team at Deliveroo Media & eCommerce. Deliveroo Media & eCommerce (DME) is the Deliveroo Ads sales house that connects world leading consumer brands with our customers to help guide their advertising goals in the exciting space of retail media.
About the role
You will be based in our HQ in London (with flexible, hybrid working) reporting to the Director of Sales, Advertising. The Client Partner lead plays a crucial role in unlocking revenue and managing relationships with important clients, ensuring the successful execution of sales and marketing strategies. Their primary focus is on developing business opportunities with our largest FMCG partners and identifying exciting ways to expand upon these existing relationships.
What you'll do
- This is a senior individual contributor sales role that is 100% focused on revenue generation with our top FMCG advertisers.
- Maximise share of wallet with FMCG advertisers.
- End-to-end ownership of the growth (depth and breadth) of the commercial relationship with the assigned book of business.
- Structure long term commercial agreements that are operationally possible, creative, and profitable
- Develop a revenue opportunity pipeline that generates targeted revenue outcomes and support awareness of Deliveroo Media & eCommerce.
- Develop an understanding of clients' businesses, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with Deliveroo teams (e.g. Grocery, Marketing, Partner Insights) to implement strategic account plans to meet clients' goals.
- Lead the creation of sales presentations, proposals, and contracts to clients in the form of QBRs and MBRs.
- Help negotiate pricing, terms, and agreements to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes in the form of joint business plans.
- Keep clients informed about new product launches, promotions, and industry updates and address clients' inquiries, concerns, and issues.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market developments, and competitor activities.
- We ask that you have sales experience, experience exceeding financial targets, and media/advertising experience within eCommerce:
- Background - experience as a commercial lead, sales manager, or similar role in the FMCG or media industry, with an understanding of FMCG market trends, and challenges.
- Commercial and account management - maintain client relationships with account management framework focused on shared value creation and partner growth.
- Expert - knowledge of FMCG industry and marketing trends and best practices, sharing our value proposition in client settings and interpreting sales data and trends.
- Partner Management & Teamwork - engaging, informing and gaining the support of multiple partners. Taking time to collaborate and build relationships; and earn the respect and trust of others within the business.
- Respectful & Positive - you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is stable, safe, inclusive, supportive and enjoyable to work in
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods