The UK & Ireland are Deliveroo's most mature market globally. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner with global departments such as Product & Technology and Global Consumer and Restaurant teams.
The Regional UK and Ireland team drives Deliveroo's performance across all 4 nations of UKI. From Brighton, to Bognor to Belfast, we are experts in the local markets we serve. In the Regional team we oversee all 3 sides of our marketplace (restaurants, consumers and riders).
As part of the regional UKI team, you will manage relationships with the most exciting restaurants in your city and region. Regional UKI presents one of the biggest growth opportunities available to Deliveroo and we are building a team of commercially experienced individuals to help us fulfil our potential
As a Regional Manager, you'll lead a team of Deliveroo City Managers, Account Managers and Business Development Managers. You will develop the strategy to grow order volume and market share within your region, whilst managing the profitability of your department (you will manage both top and bottom line P&L targets). You will have up to 15 people within your team. Your role will be commercially focused, however you will work with teams including, operations, marketing and product to ensure local success across restaurant, customer and rider metrics. You'll maintain relationships with the top accounts within your region to ensure Deliveroo is continuing to help their businesses grow.
The Regional Manager for the North England & Yorkshire region will oversee all markets in your territory, but ideally you will be based in Leeds.
What you'll do
- Lead the strategy for markets within your region
- Support your team (city managers, account managers, business development managers) to develop the operational plan for Deliveroo in your region
- Set and achieve regional targets
- Coordinating execution for your operational plans (you'll work with our rider operations and marketing teams)
- Be the face of Deliveroo to top restaurant partners - establishing relationships with our top restaurants
- Lead important negotiations for new restaurant partners within your region
- Collaborate with our restaurant and rider operations teams to improve efficiency and improve customer outcomes
- Work with your local marketing team to accelerate revenue growth Requirements
- 7+ years working in commercially focused roles
- Highly analytical
- Mix of both strategy and execution experience
- Comfortable handling negotiations with business owners or C-suite operators
- Relationship-building and communication skills whether face-to-face, through phone or email
- You will be in the field often which will require travel (2-3 days per week)
- Previous general management experience, or experience running your own business would be desirable
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, aiming to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods