Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow, and do the best work of their lives.
The Rider Engagement Team is in a unique position being the team on the ground with connections across the rider fleet, they can give insight back into the organisation as well as advice on rider experience and attitude towards specific situations.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Rider Engagement Team. With an in-depth understanding of the bigger picture, you will have the responsibility of improving rider experience, valuing and retaining our most highly valued riders, supporting the prevention of reputational risk, minimising rider dissatisfaction & help to improve operational performance. The team focuses on the collection of rider insights, the communication of these insights & their recommendations of priority areas for riders to the wider business and its stakeholders.
Whether it is by arranging an entertainment event, tracking the level of satisfaction of our fleet, running focus groups, writing research and insight papers or building meaningful partnerships across different verticals, your North Star is to ensure incremental improvement in the way our riders interact with us and amongst themselves, with the ultimate goal of creating a strong and loyal community of Deliveroo riders.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor fleet sentiment/feedback and take improvement-oriented actions
- Continually analyse and improve processes (rider events management, rider partnerships set up, fleet communication, general Deliveroo fleet support & engagement procedures) to ensure strong alignment with the rider fleet.
- Develop content plans to land the best message through the right channels with our riders
- Execute, track, and report on the effectiveness of content campaigns
- Understand and draw insights from quantitative and qualitative data i.e surveys, focus groups, events and interviews
- Organise rider feedback and share useful information with various stakeholders including London HQ, executives and local management teams to support critical decision making
- Review and sign off campaigns and initiatives, both proactive and reactive
- Build and own riders’ partnerships network in Hong Kong, working tightly with internal teams at our London HQ and across our international markets
- Understand operational metrics, find problems, and be curious and creative in trying to solve them
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Written and verbal English and Cantonese - bilingual proficiency
- Great at building relationships and communicating - able to know what to say in any situation, and to quickly build trust, respect, and form relationships with people from all backgrounds
- Strong project management and experience running events or research projects
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and adapt to a changing workload
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
Preferred, but not required
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity to design and execute campaigns that appeal to riders
- Hands-on experience with HTML and content management systems
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym allowance
- Active social committee
- Caring for our local community and our environment – for example our partnership with the Plastic Ocean Foundation
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Depending on role, employees may be eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription
- Monthly Friday breakfasts and lunches in the office
- Snacks & drinks are also available to enjoy in the office