Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
As the Director of Finance and Strategy, you will report to the VP of Finance and Strategy Europe and be based in our offices in Milan.
- Partner with the General Manager, Italy to help set the strategic direction and drive commercial and financial outcomes
- Build and promote a finance and strategy team of 3 people
- Lead your team to provide proactive, insightful, high-quality analysis and recommendation to support decision-making in the context of wider business implications
- Take a leadership role in the coordination of the various planning and forecasting cycles (annual planning, quarterly/monthly/weekly outlooks and long-range plans)
- Identification, modelling and actioning appropriate strategic initiatives and support (in some cases driving) execution of overall long-range plans
- Understand and influence the underlying performance drivers to help drive long term financial results
- Leverage your commercial experience to identify opportunities of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them.
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive investment decisions and key resource allocation discussions, including ROI-based economic trade-offs
- Establish and maintain key metrics and reporting to help provide insights to business performance.
- 12+ years experience with at least 5+ years at a senior level, leading teams and working with executive stakeholders
- Commercially focused, strong analytical skills and clear communicator
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- You have experience leading cross-functional projects without authority
- Experience operating and succeeding within a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry or customer-obsessed marketplace business
- MBA, Chartered Accountant Qualification or similar
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritize their welfare. Benefits differ by country, butWe offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that disabled people may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments , please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package