Who We Are
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build one of the world’s best engineering organisations.
We’re dedicated to building a collaborative and supportive culture. We set goals and objectives. We empower our engineers to find solutions to problems at great scale. We trust them to use their time wisely.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and fast-paced environment. We’re growing incredibly quickly and we need experienced engineers to help us scale.
We’re looking for our first Platform Product Manager who will have a transformative influence on the way we build, operate and run our platform. This will involve guiding the “platform as a product” strategy of the Platform Engineering group which provides the engineering infrastructure powering the Deliveroo service. Deliveroo is growing rapidly and our product underpins this growth - building a seamless developer experience for our engineers is critical to the company.
What will you do?
As a Platform Product Manager at Deliveroo, your individual work contributes to achieving group-level goals and metrics. You will work across the Tech organisation, delivering results in collaboration with other product managers, stakeholders and end-users across the company.
- In close partnership with our Platform Engineering Managers, you’ll build, manage and prioritise the strategic roadmap including business cases, supporting long-term initiatives, achieving cross-team alignment for execution.
- You’ll play an integral role in helping the group to propose, define and deliver on the most impactful areas. You’ll conduct research with stakeholders and end-users, making use of approaches such as interviews, surveys and focus groups.
- You’ll be the voice of the customer in the Platform teams, building alignment with the rest of the Tech organisation and ensuring the group only works on the most impactful projects.
- You’ll own key Platform initiatives across our engineering teams by defining meaningful outcomes, setting up projects and milestones.
- You’ll help platform teams iterate on ways of working to make them more effective.
- You’ll actively guide and coach your peers in framing and feedback solicitation.
- You’ll track the group metrics and put in mechanisms to gather and report on them to the rest of engineering.
- You’ll own marketing and communications for the group, ensuring that our customers are aware of the capabilities and features we provide.
- You’ll grow and coordinate the Platform Engineering community, working across groups to foster interest and align activities in the cloud engineering ecosystem.
We want to emphasise that we don't expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in some of these areas.
- Strong understanding of modern DevOps and platform engineering practices.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
- Previous experience as a software engineer preferred.
- Previous experience as a product manager preferred.
- Strong proficiency in utilising various product management tools, including the Atlassian suite.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment.
- A well regarded and effective communicator that consistently wins buy-in and alignment at the senior stakeholder level.
- Strong desire to connect with engineers, and empathy for their pain points,
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods