Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food & groceries. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
The fast-paced world of on-demand delivery has never been higher profile. The future is even more exciting: we operate a high-profile global brand in an ever-changing competitive landscape. We are truly one of the market leaders and with three physical property concepts this role is a fantastic opportunity for any property professional.
As a Real Estate Manager you will be a key part of a passionate, transparent and inclusive property team. You will proactively assist in managing a complex range of property issues and use your skills, experience and commercial acumen to leverage cost saving initiatives throughout the estate. Your primary role is to lead and support on property and asset management, acquisitions, lease renewals, rent reviews and relocations.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with the Property Director and Head of Estates to develop and manage a complex global portfolio;
- Actively seek opportunities to leverage commercial opportunities in a fast-paced environment;
- Execute on acquisitions in target locations;
- Assist and lead in developing, maintaining and executing our budgeting, lease events (Including Rents Review and Lease Renewals), Relocations and Acquisitions
- Prospect, qualify, pitch, and close real estate opportunities. Including critically analysing options and presenting to senior management
- Prepare and write approval documents and business cases for deal approvals
- Be front-facing with the Landlord community and maintain / keep a large network of property professionals
- Foster community relations and present the value and benefits of partnering with Deliveroo while enhancing public image
- Manage projects, deadlines and stakeholders to ensure objectives are achieved within deadlines
- You’re a passionate commercial real estate expert
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of commercial real estate experience. RICS (or similar) is desirable
- You have experience with a range of asset classes (industrial, commercial and retail) and a high level of understanding of the relevant legislation associated with an effective property professional
- You are commercially smart, technically experienced and can foster and leverage the right relationships to get deals done
- Financially savvy and comfortable with various methods of property financial appraisals
- You have a good understanding of all aspects of real estate development - equity structures, financing considerations, construction, and exit
- You’re are someone who is self-driven . You must be comfortable presenting to senior internal and external audiences
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive to carry out a strategic plan for property deals
- You should have strong excel skills
- You see the big picture and make decisions based on the long term value vs. short term profit
- You’re an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the city's incredible restaurants. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anything that makes you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods