You will be reporting to Head of Finance Operations and partner with the Finance Operations Leadership team to manage the daily processing of all commercial transactional items for Deliveroo globally, ensuring the team is managed effectively, team workloads are covered, and work is completed to a high standard.
Maintain a control environment and provide outstanding service to both internal and external customers. Focus on continuous improvement and work with the Head of Financial Operations to implement positive change. We are operating on a hybrid model, where the finance team come into the office (Cannon Street) twice a week.
- Oversee the daily operational finance processes, ensuring workloads are covered and tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Assist the Finance Operations leadership team in managing a team of up to 35.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are produced by the Finance Operations team. This includes helping the team to investigate and clear any outstanding items.
- Oversee the use of our query management tools and ensure all queries, internal and external, are responded to within the agreed Service level agreement.
- Ensure new joiners have the appropriate training and knowledge to perform their roles.
- Review Finance Operations procedures and update as appropriate, adding new procedures where necessary.
- Work with the Head of Finance Operations and Finance Operations leadership team to improve the function, identify areas for improvement, and highlight any inefficiencies in processes to create and operate a global centre of excellence.
- Produce operational reporting, including reporting against performance metrics, monitor changes in performance and initiate change to improve performance
- Coach staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Be a positive role model for the team, supportive to all team members and an ambassador for Finance Operations.
- Outstanding managerial skills
- Knowledge of all Finance Operations responsibilities, including AP (P2P), AR, CC (O2C), Expenses, Payments, Procurement Compliance, and Reconciliations.
- Experience working in a global organisation
- Netsuite experience advantageous
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that you may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods