We're building the definitive online food company, transforming the way the world eats by making hyper-local food more convenient and accessible. We obsess about building the future of food, whilst using our network as a force for good. We're at the forefront of an industry, powered by our market-leading technology and unrivalled network to bring incredible convenience and selection to our customers.
Working at Deliveroo is the perfect environment to build a definitive career, motivated by impact. Firstly, the impact that working here will have on your development, allowing you to grow faster than you might elsewhere; secondly, the impact that you can have on Deliveroo, leaving your mark as we scale; and finally, being part of something bigger, through the impact that we make together in our marketplace and communities.
What you’ll be doing
As a Software Engineer at Deliveroo, your individual work meaningfully contributes to achieving goals in multiple teams. While you will work with your team and lead projects, some of your work will contribute outside of your direct remit.
You will work on improving code structure and architecture, reviewing code of any size or scope produced by your team. It will also include work to maximise the efficiency of your team via leading team project planning, foreseeing dependencies and risks, and constructively partnering with other disciplines (e.g. PM, Experience)
You'll continuously strive to simplify the maintenance and operation of production systems, championing the visibility, operational readiness, and health of your team’s systems.
Collaboration & Leadership:
As well as leading from the front in terms of technical execution, you'll actively build relationships with other engineering teams and where possible, identify collaboration opportunities.
You'll break down large pieces of work, guide design and technical / implementation choices and influence the roadmap within your team.
You will be taking an active role in the hiring process and conducting engineering interviews. This will also extend to the current team where you will be proactively assisting in the personal growth of colleagues, encouraging efficiency in their roles.
We want to emphasise that we don't expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in some of these areas.
Take pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
3+ years of experience building iOS applications
Swift and/or Objective-C experience
Accomplished in scaling iOS architecture
2+ years of experience with iOS development tools like Xcode
2+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team
2+ years of Experience working with UIKit and AutoLayout
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods