Staff Product Manager, Brand Ads and Data monetisation
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximise the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for Care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working in any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and partners. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
The vision for the Deliveroo Media and e-commerce is to be a leading media and eCommerce marketing partner for FMCG companies, providing marketing performance data, insights and sampling as value-added services. Data has become the new currency for many businesses particularly FMCGs to improve marketing efforts, deliver personalised content, drive supply chain efficiency and accelerate business growth. Data and insights form a core part of our value offering. We want to give FMCG companies the ability to use our audience and data to grow their brand and drive sales.
Media and Data monetisation is a new business for us and as such there is a lot to lead, learn, build and scale. We believe this will be a key driver for our ads business and company’s profitability.
What you’ll be doing
Examples of some of the topics and activities in the scope of this role:
- Understand key marketing requirements when it comes to ads - display and growth, the use of data and insights from FMCGs companies/brands. Build a detailed understanding of the specific feature requirements, by conducting research with key brands and/or gathering input from our commercial teams (central and local).
- Champion the data governance at Deliveroo including customer privacy, quality and availability of data
- Partner with data exchanges/CDPs like AWS, Epsilon, Liveramp etc to choose the right partner for Deliveroo and our prospect clients. A prior knowledge/experience of CDPs is preferred; prior knowledge of similar data exchanges in other use cases is a necessity
- Prepare a product requirements document that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Lead product area reviews to highlight the impact of business performance to senior leadership and commercial stakeholders
- Work with Data Science to clarify and quantify the objectives of the project, and with other contributors (Commercial, Design, Content, Research, Legal) as appropriate.
- Engage in reactive support and troubleshoot on commercial partnership businesses (eg. bug management, resolution, and internal support requests)
- Collaborate and support your engineering team during development by organising regular agile rituals and defining clear requirement documentation
- Develop a strategy around new product areas starting from conception to GTM
What’s the goal
- Generate revenue by offering data and insights in a consumable format to FMCG companies
- Streamlining the processes and distribution to get more and more FMCG companies leverage our data offering
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more