At Deliveroo we have an outstanding data science organisation, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision-making. We work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Deliveroo.
At Deliveroo we have a highly active data science community, with guest lecturers, study groups, mentorship programmes, a robust technical review process, and plenty of opportunities to learn new things. Data Scientists can equally progress as technical leads (individual contributors) and as people managers.
Our data scientists come from all kinds of backgrounds but have excellence in common. Many are formally trained in data science, many are not. We celebrate difference and have a dedicated data science diversity committee.
This role is a unique opportunity to work with the Consumer org at an early stage in its development and to be part of projects which have a huge impact on our customers. As a data scientist within the Consumer team at Deliveroo, your main goal is to help us understand our customers and identify the next big opportunities to win them over. The Consumer space at Deliveroo is complex and offers incredibly varied and rewarding problems to solve. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and restaurants) operates in real-time, serving millions of customers hyper-locally in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographical and demographic diversity of our customers, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role.
You will help answer questions like:
- Who should Deliveroo’s target customers be and how does this vary on a national and hyperlocal level?
- How are we performing with our customers and where are the opportunities to grow with them?
- What trends are we seeing in our consumers behaviour, and how should we respond to this?
- What food occasions are important to our customers, and are we providing them with what they need?
- What new products and services would have the biggest impact on our consumers? Can we build a business case to make them work
- What’s the impact of inflation on our consumers? How does it change their behaviour?
The work you will do will have a direct, measurable impact on the bottom line of the company.
- Always curious and willing to learn new skills
- Great communication skills - in person, in writing, in code; to technical and non-technical audiences
- A problem solver with a deep analytical mindset
- Ability to think creatively, insightfully and strategically about business problems
- A critical thinker with very strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with analytical tools like R/Python and SQL
- A pragmatic, flexible approach, where you most care about achieving impact
- Excellent people skills — you'll be meeting with stakeholders to translate business needs into data science problems
- Familiarity with causal inference methods like diff-in-diff
- End to end experience working with click-stream data, from requirement specification to insight generation
- Ability to size expected impact of initiatives to inform prioritisation, balancing speed and accuracy depending on the situation
- Experience developing in a BI tool (Looker or similar)
- Experience contributing to machine learning pipelines
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. The scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
0ur mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more