About the role
This is a newly created position and the successful candidate will play a critical role in helping the business manage its risk in relation to food and product safety, consumer protection and general regulatory compliance across 10 markets in a rapidly evolving industry.
You will work closely with the Head of Ethics, Compliance & Insurance and other senior stakeholders across Legal, Policy, Product, Care, Operations and Marketing to advise on, and help operationalise, appropriate compliance policies and risk mitigation guardrails in connection with a range of different business initiatives.
This role is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting global business and play a critical role in defining its Product and Regulatory Compliance strategy. In this role you will report into the head of corporate and commercial and will be based at our London HQ on a hybrid working pattern.
What you'll be doing
- Legislative/Regulatory Horizon Scanning: work closely with the Policy team to ensure that the business stays ahead of local, national and international laws concerning the on-demand delivery industry, including consumer protection, food & product safety and general regulatory compliance. Support the Ethics & Compliance and relevant business teams to develop and implement strategies to ensure compliance across all aspects of the business operations.
- Collating and Project Management of external Legal Advice: be responsible for scoping and collating external legal advice on different legislative and regulatory requirements across our multiple markets and work in partnership with the lawyers in our International teams to deliver a cohesive cross market compliance implementation strategy.
- Product Development Support: work with the Product, Tech and Marketing teams to review and advise on new product features, menu re-designs, marketing promotions and other consumer-facing features to ensure compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Food & Product Safety: work with the Ethics & Compliance team to develop and maintain robust food and product safety policies and implement best practice protocols across our network of partners.
- Regulatory Investigation Support: be the first point of contact to deal with any information requests from regulatory authorities and coordinate with business stakeholders to ensure such requests are appropriately investigated and remediated.
- Be passionate about food, tech and innovation.
- Be a proven team player and a developing leader.
- Be commercially minded - you’re a true business partner.
- Be a qualified solicitor (6 PQE +) with a focus on food & product regulatory compliance.
- Have an excellent academic record and ideally law firm experience providing commercial, strategic advice to international businesses. In-house experience too is a big plus.
- Have experience leading complex regulatory compliance diligence exercise and implementation strategies for F&B and/or non-food product businesses.
- Experience working with marketplaces is beneficial
- Knowledge of French or Italian is beneficial
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, butWe offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that disabled people may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments , please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods