Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximise the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working in any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
Financial Systems sits at the heart of Deliveroo and handles all aspects of the money movement ecosystem, from consumer payments, through money movement, to accounting, to payments out to riders and restaurants. We are a cross-discipline group of product managers, software engineers, data scientists, working in close partnership with Finance, other product and country teams to build this critical strategic motor for our marketplace.
We are seeking a senior product manager to join this domain and play an integral role in achieving our company’s growth plans.
What you’ll be doing
- Define the product strategy and roadmaps for the financial data reconciliation and financial reporting process flow automation that enables accurate, timely, complete, and auditable month-end closure and Group-level financial reporting
- Engage with the key stakeholders, including finance and accounting to gather detailed requirements and translate complex business needs into clear and concise product requirements and technical design documents
- Collaborate closely with engineering, finance, legal, compliance, and data science teams to define and prioritize product requirements, technical roadmaps and delivery timelines, ensuring timely delivery of the product releases
- Provide thought leadership on the financial reporting automation and reconciliation across Deliveroo Tech and Finance org
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role in a technology-driven company, preferably in the financial services industry with exposure to financial reporting processes
- Strong understanding of the financial reporting practices and accounting principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to gather, evaluate, and synthesize complex data to make informed product decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude, with a strong desire to drive innovation and deliver exceptional user experiences
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more