Title: Kitchen Assistant
Location: Acton site - London
Hours: 30 + overtime
About Deliveroo Editions
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company. With a dash of hard-work, a sprinkle of teamwork and a whole dollop of creativity, we created “Editions” which is our ‘dark kitchens’ business. We have partnered with some fantastic restaurants such as Wagamama, Starbucks, Pho and Gourmet Burger Company to help further connect them with hungry customers.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. Deliveroo Editions were the world's first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed. What’s even more exciting is that we’re expanding our portfolio further.
Great people help to drive our business forward and we are always looking for more to join our sites. If you don’t have the exact experience, that’s okay, we’d still love to hear from you.
Does this sound tasty to you? Take a look at our Kitchen Assistant / Cleaner role and apply below to join the Roo family.
About the role
The Kitchen Porter role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will ensure that the site is clean, support the wider operation of the site to ensure that our loyal customers receive their orders as quickly as possible from our trusted partners.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will report into the Site Manager and the site management team.
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of the site is maintained to a high standard by cleaning as you go throughout the shift as well as regular deep cleaning of various equipment throughout the week
- Cleaning communal areas, such as staff room, bathrooms, stock rooms, maintaining site health and safety standards at all times
- Working with the management team to ensure a safe and clean site by participating in regularly checking
- Assisting with dispatching, which will include running food from our partners to the dispatch area, assisting with orders and communicating with our riders
- Supporting our partners by keeping kitchen equipment clean and ready for use throughout the shift with the pot wash
Who we are looking for
- You radiate positivity!
- You have a great attitude to work, you are driven and have willingness to learn
- You are a team player, punctuality and reliability is your forte
- You always go above and beyond, you’re looking to progress in your career
- You can work autonomously but you LOVE working with a fantastic team and with our partners
- You like to solve problems, making recommendations on how to improve daily tasks
- Previous experience in a Kitchen Porter or Kitchen Cleaner role is a bonus, but don’t worry if you haven’t, if you have the right attitude and drive, we can train you.
What to expect from the interview process
- Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you!
- Step 2: if your application is successful, one of our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
- Step 3: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to an onsite interview with one of the site managers
- Step 4: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome!
- 5% discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, increases with length of service
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Life assurance
- Access to discounts in other companies via our benefits portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Company paid team meals and nights out
- Online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Clear career development path
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods