This is an Internship, lasting between 3 and 6 months.
The role is hybrid between our offices in Brussels and being on the road visiting our clients.
As a Retail - Account Associate Intern, you will report to the Head of On Demand Grocery.
Your main tasks:
- You will manage the success of ODG (On Demand Groceries), to ensure a magical experience for our users, while building a solid and sustainable foundation for our application.
- You will oversee the commercial success of your portfolio of ODG (On Demand Convenience) partners, to ensure the best experience for our Deliveroo users. Your objective will be to create a privileged, long-lasting partnership by bringing your Food Tech expertise to bear.
- Your main tasks will be to manage the operations of a portfolio of partner stores, and to ensure that targets are met. ( Operational and commercial )
- You will be in charge of the deployment and expansion of your portfolio, and work on their marketing campaigns.
- You will work on daily data analysis of brand performance and our Deliveroo operations to identify the causes of problems
- You'll have the opportunity to create processes, such as managing partnerships to help achieve growth. You will develop best practice documents for specific accounts and for the portfolio as a whole.
- ODG Store Relations: You will manage partnership development, data tracking, and ensure an optimal experience on the app to make Deliveroo the home delivery service in your cities.
- You will monitor compliance with contractual commitments made with ODG partners.
Your experience and qualities:
- Experience - Graduate role, 1 to 2 years' experience in an account management or sales role. Field experience with a major supermarket chain would be a plus.
- Commercial: You know how to negotiate, anticipate sales discussions, and maintain a quality portfolio (contractual discussions, negotiations to set up sales tools, etc.).
- Analytical - able to analyse data to improve performance for our store partners
- Proactive in your dealings with contacts. You love being out in the field, and you're involved in everything that's operational in your area.
- Customer-centric - focused on our customers. Use quantitative and qualitative data to build a service that is operationally excellent for our customers.
- Team player- a collaborative team player who can get the best out of the people around you.
- Optimistic- you bring freshness, energy and passion to the team. You help to create a unique working environment, conducive to new ideas and enjoyable for the other people involved.
- Dutch or French Language skills
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- Annual leave and public holidays (increases with tenure)
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods