About the Role:
We're searching for an experienced leader who is passionate about all things 'People' and who can lead our People function in Hong Kong.You will create a dynamic, inclusive, fun culture but ensure we're compliant as we grow things quickly. You will inspire managers and the senior leadership to motivate their teams to build awesome things.
You'll be an integral part of the leadership team you support, and will partner with both local and global specialist teams to design and build your people strategy.You will support the roll out of global and cyclical programmes but ensure they are suitable/adapted for the local team. You will report to our Regional HR Director.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll lead the facilitation and management of all people programs rollout within your market (performance/compensation reviews, succession planning, employee engagement surveys etc)
- Partner with senior leaders on how to develop and implement the right people and organisational solutions to execute against the country strategy
- Provide guidance on workforce planning, including on headcount planning and budgeting in close collaboration with the recruitment team..
- Consult with leaders on org design, ensuring that we design org structures that drive the intended business outcomes.
- Ability to take a long-term perspective, advise on organisational challenges, and offer solutions and drive implementation
- Collaborate with the Global People Operations Leads on strategic Global initiatives
- Prepare presentations and data/insights analysis working with other People Team members and subject matter experts as required
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people in collaboration with our Global L&D team. You'll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills.
- Keep abreast of market trends as they relate to compensation and benefits
Skill and qualifications you'll need:
- 8-10 years of working experience, a minimum of 6 years of experience in HR business partnering
- Fluent in Cantonese and English
- Experience should include a focus on performance management and talent/team development, organizational design and change management, leadership coaching, people driven programs and data and insights analysis/presentations
- Must have demonstrated management skills
- You will be partnering with a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change
- Able to use Sheets to develop compelling analyses and can tell a story from insights in a clear Slides presentation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in fast pace and challenging environments
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, wellbeing, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym allowance
- Active social committee
- Caring for our local community and our environment – for example our partnership with the Plastic Ocean Foundation
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Depending on role, employees may be eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription
- Monthly Friday breakfasts and lunches in the office
- Snacks & drinks are also available to enjoy in the office