Location : Acton , W3
Hours: 30 hours per week
Pay: £13.10 per hour
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building teams to help us launch new products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo's speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations, pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo's 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee that all orders are picked to meet time targets
- Communicate with our riders to ensure our customers receive our deliveries promptly
- Run the dispatch area and and support with packing delivery orders to send to our customers
- Ensure all deliveries are scanned and appropriate claims are logged
- Unload deliveries according to procedure, taking time to ensure accuracy of product locations and date rotation
- Ensure stock counts are accurate and all areas counted
- Partner with our Warehouse Assistant Manager and Warehouse Manager to ensure the site runs smoothly
- Manage the warehouse remains clean and tidy at all time and that any hazards have been dealt with urgently
- Complete H&S checks and ensure that the warehouse and employees are diligently following company procedures throughout their shift
- Previous experience in a similar environment is valued but not required (FMCG/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big plus)
- Hands-on mentality and detailed oriented
- Experience hitting goal targets (e.g. pick times)
- A track record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated leadership and experience training other team members
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Right to work in the UK
What you'll receive
- £12 hourly salary
- Guaranteed 30 hours minimum per week
- Weekly payroll
- Permanent position
- Lots of growth opportunities and on site training. This position can transition into a Warehouse Assistant Manager and Warehouse Manager!
- Deliveroo Plus subscription which gives you access to exclusive offers and free delivery on selected orders.
- Wide range of additional benefits including discounted gym subscription, wellbeing and pension contributions
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods