Data Analyst, Marketing
At Deliveroo we have an outstanding data science organisation, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision-making. We work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Deliveroo.
We are looking for an experienced data analyst that is passionate about metrics and telling the stories behind the data. You will work closely with the central and local Marketing Teams and cross-functionally with technology handling a mixture of projects, ad-hoc analyses and reporting to ensure the business is informed of marketing performance in all countries and has the right tools to make the best decisions.
You will be a professional in insights storytelling, communication and visualisation and know how to create action from metrics. Crafting effective intelligent benchmarks, understanding performance, caring about data quality, enabling automation and creating phenomenal visualisations and stories are things that drive you.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with senior business and finance leadership to create value and business impact through better data availability, visualisation and analysis
- Discover, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets to perform ad-hoc analyses and deliver insights to the executive team and senior management
- Understand key financial and growth drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers
- Identify and specify data needs and quality requirements and work closely with Data Engineers to ensure data is available, accurate and corresponds to the business needs
- Consolidate and distribute best analytical practices from different teams and countries
- Strong problem solving abilities involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
- A good understanding of querying in SQL and understanding of database structure - you’ll be expected to be able to extract the data you need for your analysis.
- Compelling story-telling skills, and an eye for powerful visualisations - you’ll need to translate your findings for all levels of stakeholder (business and technical)
- Good knowledge of Excel/GSheets - depending on the task, there is a good chance that this is where some of your exploratory analysis will take place.
Nice to haves:
- Previous commercial use of other data mining/statistical languages (Python, R) is highly preferred (our stack is Python-based).
- Strong domain knowledge of digital marketing channels (paid search, paid social, programmatic, CRM), as well as digital attribution
- Strong domain knowledge of promotions and offers
- Understanding of another coding language (Python/R)
0ur mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more