Business Development Manager- South East London
The Regional UK and Ireland team drives Deliveroo's performance across all 4 nations of UKI. From Brighton, to Bognor to Belfast, we are experts in the local markets we serve. As part of the regional UKI team, you will sign up the best restaurants in the city/region. Regional UKI presents one of the biggest growth opportunities available to Deliveroo and we are building a team of commercially experienced, individuals to help us fulfil our potential. You will work within the Greater London region and report into the Regional Manager.
This is a great opportunity to become an important member of a growing business in a competitive market. You'll build relationships with new restaurant partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for someone who enjoys building relationships.
Please note a valid driving licence and a car is required for the role and we are looking for candidates based in South East London
What you'll be doing
- Map, prospect, pitch and close new restaurants across your region in a very organised fashion. This means being a city level expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants and which restaurants customers crave most
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, calls, and social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Oversee the restaurant onboarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible
- Ensure restaurant success within the first eight weeks from signing
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- Number of restaurants signed each month
- Performance of restaurants signed (first 3 months)
- Be comfortable with targeting new business and have sales experience.
- Experienced negotiator and able to structure win-win deals for restaurants and for Deliveroo
- Commercially knowledgeable who understands the economics of food delivery - for restaurants and Deliveroo
- Be able to demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and motivated
- 1+ years of Sales experience
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.'
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods