Reporting to the Vice President of Assurance and joining a world-class team, you will be a part of one of the fastest growing UK tech companies. We are operating on a hybrid model and the finance team come into the office twice a week.
Being right at the heart of the efforts to help Deliveroo improve our responses to risk, we are looking for someone who has experience with processes, in particular, partnering with team members to transform these, ensuring that Deliveroo is a finely-tuned execution machine.
What you would do
This is a Global role, operating from HQ, which would involve multiple risk, control and assurance related activity. We're still working on exactly how our Risk & Assurance team is going to work, but your role is likely to include:
- Oversee and further develop the Group's Risk Management Framework, including enhancing reporting and visualisation tools for greater impact at Board and Executive level
- Support Deliveroo's Enterprise risk assessment process, operating across Executive and senior management teams, with a focus on financial, commercial and regulatory compliance risk
- Support business leadership in the development of risk management and internal controls
- Gap assessing existing controls and identifying areas for improvement
- Take a lead role in the design and implementation of our GRC tool
- Play a significant part in Deliveroo's response to upcoming Corporate Governance reform
- Lead certain investigations, identify the actions necessary and debriefing all relevant partners
- Lead on other risk, control and assurance activities
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Qualified accountant with experience managing audits with large listed entities
- Experience leading Enterprise risk management processes, development of supporting frameworks and internal controls
- Experienced at working in (or with) startups
- You can understand and manipulate data sets
- Demonstrate a practical approach to mitigating risk
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 25 days of annual leave (increases with tenure) and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Market-leading Parental and Compassionate Leave Policies
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D provider
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more
- Free Deliveroo Plus subscription (or equivalent)
- While this varies by country, you’re likely to have monthly team lunches and, if you are in the office, frequent opportunities to try new foods