Who We Are
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to improve millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
Analytics Engineering is a growing area at Deliveroo. The team is a major enabler for Data science, Product Development and Business insight. Our analytics engineers are building our ETL, ingesting more and more data every day, building data models and data visualisations, all on our leading Cloud native data platform. Having demonstrated great impact, we need even more Analytics Engineers and more Analytics Engineering managers to support them!
You will spend time:
- Hire and grow a diverse, accomplished group of analytics engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Create a learning environment for your team while being a mentor for analytics engineers and up and coming leaders
- Line managing one or more teams of analytics engineers
- Work with other Analytics Engineering Managers to share understanding of multiple teams
- Contribute to product delivery, by ensuring analytics engineers are in the right place at the right time
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale.
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally
- Collaborate with teams including product, design, operations
- You will report to a Senior Data Science Manager and work closely with Directors & VP's of Engineering
- 3 years of experience as a Engineering Manager, managing individual contributors (Analytics Engineers/BI developers/Data Platform engineers)
- Experience being an analytics/BI engineer at a mid/senior level, but is now not looking to do individual contributor work
- Have worked with SQL in the last 2 years
- Familiarity with modern cloud data stack (Snowflake, Prefect, Looker, or AWS)
- Have experience working with senior partners in projects, and other team members business wide.
- Experience working in a matrix organisation
- Can bring together a group of individuals from many different backgrounds and skills to form a cohesive team.
- Is comfortable managing ICs across multiple teams in different industries, and ruthlessly prioritising.
This is a Hybrid position, requiring you to work from our Hyderabad office 2-3 days per week
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more