We're building the definitive online food company, transforming the way the world eats by making hyper-local food more convenient and accessible. We obsess about building the future of food, whilst using our network as a force for good. We're at the forefront of a industry, powered by our market-leading technology and unrivalled network to bring incredible convenience and selection to our customers.
Working at Deliveroo is the perfect environment to build a definitive career, motivated by impact. Firstly, the impact that working here will have on your development, allowing you to grow faster than you might elsewhere; secondly, the impact that you can have on Deliveroo, leaving your mark as we scale; and finally, being part of something bigger, through the impact that we make together in our marketplace and communities.
Working as part of our analytics engineering team and reporting to one of our Analytics Engineering Managers, your role will be to provide clean, tested, well-documented and well-modelled data sets, that will enable and empower data scientists and business users alike, via tools like Snowflake and/or Looker.
You'll work with product engineering teams to ensure modelling of source data meets downstream requirements.
You will maintain and develop SQL data transformation scripts, and advise and review data scientists on data modelling to achieve denormalised and aggregated output datasets.
You'll work with data scientists and other analytics engineers to surface clean, intuitive datasets in our BI tool, Looker.
You will be responsible for optimisation and further adoption of Looker as a data product in the business, catering to ~1500 current active users who need to discover and interact with data.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modelling concepts and structuring new data tables
- Knowledge of cloud-based MPP data warehousing (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift)
Nice to have
- 3+ years experience developing in a BI tool (Looker or similar)
- Good practical understanding of version control
- SQL ETL/ELT knowledge, experience with DAGs to manage script dependencies
- Python coding skills, particularly in automation & integrations
- Knowledge of the Looker API
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.
A competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
Time to recharge
- 15 days of annual leave, 12 days of casual leave, and public holidays
- One paid day off each year to volunteer or support a charity of your choice
- Headspace membership
- Gym or fitness membership
- Private medical, medical subsidy or Wellbeing Allowance, dependent upon location
- We pay every employee competitively for the role they are performing in their respective location
- Most employees are eligible for a variable cash bonus that directly rewards individual contributions and is linked with broader company success
- Flexible working hours and location flexibility
- Competitive Parental Leave Policy
- Work-from-home kit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roolearn platform, giving you access to content from leading L&D providers
- Employee Resource Groups including Women in Tech, Roo-LGBTQ+, Racial Equity and more